Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Saturday, 11 February 2012

Funny year 2011

This is one of my Hawthorns which I collected about twenty years ago, it had a very funny year in 2011, the buds started to swell as normal in spring then we had a really cold spell and everything stopped completely. When spring finally came still nothing moved and I was getting very worried so I made a temporary humidity tent and put the tree inside, the buds started to swell again at the beginning of  July [relief] .The picture shows the tree on the second of August in flower [ not bad for the Mayflower].
I hope this year it gets back into its normal routine and back into health.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ray,

    Similar issues over here last year with hawthorn and Trident Maples.Loving the blog, keep those daily posts coming and you'll see the hits rising quickly. I'll give you a mention on my blog tomorrow. Look forward to catching up at the BSA Exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and here also. I had one trident and two Hornbeams doing the same.
    Keep the blog going! Its a good read!

    ReplyDelete