Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Monday, 27 February 2012

Monday natter 27th feb

I was looking for something to do tonight and saw this Maple which needed to be repotted,so I started before anyone arrived just in case there was a lot of things to do for my visitors.
First photo shows tree last Autumn in it's Autumn colours,the second how it looked before I started tonight.
First thing to do is get the new pot ready with mesh and tying in wire.

Add compost and put to one side, next remove tree from old pot and sort out roots.

I was pleased to see so much root as the tree did not grow to well last year,maybe this is why.After trimming back I then secured it in the new pot and filled up with new compost.
The new pot is wider but not as deep and I think the tree looks more balanced in this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment