Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Thursday, 16 February 2012

Pisifera Boulevard

 I have been using Boulevard or False cypress for a long time now and think it is one of the most underused Conifers there is and can be shaped into most styles and also produce roots very quickly,they are also quite prolific foliage producers so you can get good results quickly.
The picture above shows a Literati style which I bought from Willowbog Bonsai about eight years ago,it had branches well down the trunk but the growth was to far away so I started to remove them until they were close enough to use.Last year in spring I Jinned the top and left a single branch which was brought down and spread out to form the canopy ,I think it looks good and can only get better.


This one is one of the first trees I owned,I used to drive past it every day to and from work until one day I knocked on the door and asked if I could have it, to my surprise the guy said yes.Not bad for nothing if I do say so myself.






1 comment:

  1. that Willowbog Bonsai place sells some pretty good stuff don't it :-) !

    ReplyDelete