Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Friday, 27 April 2012

Beech Forest repot


I was tasked with re-potting a quite large forest of Beech so I started this morning.


As you can see there was very little Nebari showing and has been pot bound for a number of years. 


I have only removed about an inch around the base and underside just to get rid of the matted roots and give them some new compost to grow in.



I then started to expose the Nebari and by doing so reduce the size of the mounds they were growing on.


There are still some crossing roots to be removed at a later point{not to much at once}


The trees now look as if they are growing on the mounds rather than out of them.
This group will probably be potted again next spring and have more Nebari exposed.






No comments:

Post a Comment