Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Thursday, 5 April 2012

New growth

This is the time of year I love, fresh new buds on a lot of my trees.


Japanese Larch 


Dawn Redwood


Juniper


Flower buds on Hawthorn


Flower buds on Hawthorn and if you look close you can see the new growth starting to extend.


Acer Palmatum, although it looks quite good this tree was attacked by Black-fly recently but a quick spray with Pravado cured them.This is the time of year when you have to watch for all sorts of pests as they seem to like the fresh new growth as much as we do.I like to root drench also with Pravado at this time of year to protect from vine weevil which usually hatch around the start of May.









No comments:

Post a Comment