Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Saturday, 21 April 2012

Willowbog Novice Workshop

Planned or not Peter was away at Alnwick castle today so left the workshop to myself and Terry to run. there was 7 students to attend to ,so we coped quite well and I think they all went away happy with what was achieved.


First of all Peter had not set up the usual display in the Tokanoma so this was my first task.
I chose this nice Acer from the greenhouse and used a small Hornbeam as an accent,quite effective. 


Here we see Terry helping Peter G.




Here we have Wendy and katie with Mark watching very intently as they work on a little Chinese Elm assisted by me , who was behind the camera.


This is a Hawthorn belonging to Keith from the north east {sorry Keith I did not get you in the pic}
I persuaded him to change the angle it is planted at then tried to tell him where to place the branches,then as time was getting on I said give me some wire and I will show you! 


The large branch on the right will be shortened and Jinned at a later date, with a bit of clipping and loving care it should become a nice image.


Anthony in the foreground working on a Juniper,John B doing a repot of a Hemlock and look in the back I did get a pic of  Keith!

I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.




1 comment:

  1. many thanks to you and Terry, for looking after the workshop yesterday , it looks like everyone had a good time !

    ReplyDelete