Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Friday, 15 June 2012

More of my tree's.

These three tree's I have left to grow this year to regain vigour,they have been fed quite heavy and it seem's to be working.


This first one my Trident maple, I always thought it needed a larger canopy for the size of the trunk, so I have just left it to grow and elongate.About six weeks ago the leaves were showing signs of being attacked by something as they were discolouring and wrinkling up so I gave it a good dose of Pravado vine weevil killer and this seems to have cured it.I also partially de-leafed the tree by removing the infected leaves and I am very pleased with the results. 


Next is my Dawn Redwood,this tree has just been left to do it's own thing since it was re-potted earlier this year and is putting on plenty of new foliage. This will give me plenty to work on at the back end of the year.


This one is another of my False Cypress{ Boulevard }which I have owned for a very long time,it also has been left to grow and is now in need of some more styling .I must try to find some old photos of this tree to add to my blog to show how it has changed over the years.
I think it really does the trees a favour to just let them go and do what they want for a while as they seem to enjoy it and the rewards are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment