Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Thursday, 8 November 2012

Time of year.

It's that time of year again,the one where you look round the garden and think how dismal it is without foliage on the trees.


Larch trees almost bare showing we are well into Autumn, or fall, depending where you live


The trees on the benches also looking very sparse of foliage.


I think I need more evergreens in my collection to bring more colour at this time of year.


Its not all doom and gloom, this little Hawthorn is hanging on to it's leaves and is only now starting to show Autumn colour.
Also this Katsura Maple hanging on to it's now very red leaves.


The sooner spring comes the better as I would rather see the trees in full foliage,even though I can appreciate the ramification at this time.
Even though I treat my trees almost all the same, I can never understand why some drop their leaves earlier than others.They have the same compost, are on the same benches, get the same amount of water and definitely the same weather.Even trees of the same species drop at different times.Nature is a funny mistress at times!!








No comments:

Post a Comment