Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Monday, 3 December 2012

Natter night 3rd Dec.

Despite the weather I still had six visitors tonight, no trees so I started on my latest addition  an English Yew.
Following are four photos, one from each side. I usually do this so I have more pics to choose from when I finally decide on the viewing angle.

The front at the moment.




I first cleaned up the surface to find what the Nebari was like,I found it quite good from what I think will be the front.


Next I started to do some naturalising  of the cut off stumps.


This is just a rough start and will be refined at a later date.


After removing some unwanted branches I found a big flat cut where the tree had been shortened , probably 
when it was first collected. So the next job was to carve some of it away to create more deadwood and hopefully make it look more natural.


If you look back at the photo of the Nebari you will see these cut off stumps before carving.
So far I am pleased with the results.


I quite enjoy carving and think I learn something new each time I do it.
Practice makes perfect, { so people say }
Another natter night goes by, the time just seems to fly by.












No comments:

Post a Comment