Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Sunday, 20 October 2013

October novice workshop at Willowbog.

Having missed last months workshop, it was really nice to be back, passing on the knowledge I have picked up on my journey through Bonsai to people just starting out.It was also nice to see a tree that started as a Bonsai in my garden quite a few years ago, then it was passed on to a new owner. It turned up at today's workshop, now owned by newcomer Bob.


This Juniper has been left too long without being trimmed, so after a good clip and a few bits of wire I have given Bob some advice about where to go with the tree in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------

Frozen in time, no they were listening to Peter doing his introduction to Bonsai to the newcomers.


-------------------------------------------------
Peter usually talks through each students main tree of the day, about where and what they expect from it.



Keep going Peter they still look interested. He He.

-----------------------------------------------------
Peter then got into this large piece of material, they all laughed when I said bring out the chainsaw, but that is what Peter used to reduce the size.



What was left now has a good shape to work on, when new branches start to emerge in Spring.

-----------------------------------------------------
Anthony, hiding behind his newly purchased White pine, which he is going to work with Marc Noelanders next year at Willowbog.

---------------------------------------------------
For once I caught Terry doing some good work on Barry's White Pine.

----------------------------------------------------
Another of Bob's trees, which I clipped out for him, then showed him how to apply wire.


I then set him some homework, by telling him to wire the rest of the tree and bring it back to be tweaked into place.


While Bob was wiring I put some on this Small Cotoneaster of his and pruned it a little.

------------------------------------------------------
Finally today's Tokenoma display, A very nice White beech, in it's Autumn colour.


Another enjoyable workshop.














1 comment:

  1. Hi Ray, Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me on Saturday at Willowbog Bonsai. I have tried the wiring but there are some flaws, definitely a work in progress. Your skill and knowledge are priceless to people like me, much appreciated. hope to see you at the November chat.

    ReplyDelete