Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Saturday, 18 January 2014

Too soon.

I cannot believe what I am seeing at the moment, buds actually bursting on a Larch in the middle of January.
You don't believe me, look for yourself.


Not just one or two but buds swelling all over the tree.


This could be due to being in the warm car for a couple of days last weekend on my trip to Scotland.


Whatever has caused this to happen I will have to be careful and keep an eye on the weather to make sure it does not get nipped by a hard frost.


My Kiyohimi Maple is also showing signs of  buds starting to swell.


The Dawn Redwood as well.

Mild Winter or signs of an early Spring, you decide.





1 comment:

  1. Wow...
    Here in Italy even though it has been (unitil now at least) by far the mildest winter of the decade, still no sign at all of waking up in the buds of my larches, maples and the other trees. Probably your car, as you said, is the only possible answer...

    ReplyDelete