Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Hawthorn update.

It is amazing just how quickly you can create a new pad on a Hawthorn.

In spring of 2013 a bud emerged from where I thought I could use another branch, as a result I let it grow last year, then cut it back quite hard. This year it produced a lot of new growth on this branch, which was what I hoped for. The branch I am talking about is the bottom left just after cutting back last year.

Just look at it now after I carefully wired and placed the new growth, almost a full pad already, just where I wanted one.

The new growth is just starting to harden off and I find this a good time to wire as long as your very gentle with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment