Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Sunday, 15 March 2015

Dawn Redwood.

I decided today to put my new Dawn Redwood into a new pot. I have grown this tree from a cutting only three years ago.

It was about October time when the leaves had fallen, I was doing a bit of cleaning on my large Redwood and broke a small branch off, which had been a leaf that year, they are quite delicate at this time of year. Rather than throw it away I stuck it in some compost just to see what would happen, come the Spring time it started to produce buds so I put it into a small pot, the one in the first photo, here it stayed until now.


You can see by the roots it has produced it is very healthy.

Now in a new pot, when it recovers I will add some fine wire and start to put some shape into it.

Yet another free tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment