Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Thursday, 5 March 2015

Hornbeam, remedial work.

Today I have been doing some remedial work on a Hornbeam, that had some bad carving done a lot of years ago.
It turned out that there was a lot of rot inside of the original carving that I removed and treated with tree gum, which is made from natural resin.
After I added more wood , to fill out the hollowness, I then refined the carving and treated again.

This is a photo of the tree when it arrived here quite a while ago, as the photo shows it had lost it's apical branches, which need to be grown again.

The tree today, still holding onto it's leaves from last year.

A close up of the refined carving.

Looks a lot more natural than before I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment