Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Thursday, 23 July 2015

False Cypress Boulevard.

While waiting for the wife to go shopping I decided to give this False Cypress a thin out.

This tree has been left to grow for at least a year to let it get some vigor.

I initially brought a few branches down with tourniquets, then started to clip out any unwanted foliage. 

Some wiring will be required in the near future to define the pads better.

It is only when you look at the foliage you have removed, you realise how much has been taken off.

I think I have removed about one third of the mass, but the finished image looks much better already.




No comments:

Post a Comment