Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog.
Please click on photos for full size view, and feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!!







Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Dawn Redwood Forest.

Today I started putting together some of the Dawn Redwood I obtained recently into one pot to create a forest.


The tallest tree is about three feet in height and as you can see there are seven trees in the group.

I did not have to prune any roots as they were compact enough to just place into the new pot,thus reducing the risk of repotting at this time of year.

The group will now be kept in the shade house until it starts to get cold, then will be placed into the green house for winter.

Check out previous posts for photos of how the were when I got them.
They are already taking shape and could be quite good in a few seasons.

1 comment:

  1. You guys in UK have such good soil mix.
    Is it possible for you to tell me what is it?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete