Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.

Please click on photos for full size view.

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!

Thursday 30 June 2016

Bonsai Thursday with Dave.

When Dave came over today I was busy working on my Berberis, as is usual, between us we came up with an idea to totally change it.

There were two trunks that were growing well, but we decided to turn the tallest one into Jin and change the planting angle.

The tree is now only Twelve inches high from the top of the pot.

The tree now has the potential to grow into a very powerful looking tree.

I will be feeding very strongly for the rest of this season and hoping for some good growth.

Wednesday 29 June 2016

New member.

I have a new member for my pot collection.

After the rain.

I really like to see my trees after it has rained as they all look very fresh and healthy.

As it rains quite often they look this well all the time.

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Another view.

After styling a new tree I nearly always forget to take an overview photo of the finished tree, but this time I remembered.

The finished Pine on my display bench.

The view from above shows how nicely rounded it is.

I must try to remember in the future.

Monday 27 June 2016

Natter night 27th June 2016.

My day started early once more when Boxie and Robert came to my home this morning, then we all went up to see Ken and his trees. It was Robert's first visit to Ken's home and he was very impressed, not only with the trees, but with the whole set up and the views.

Then it was time to get home and prepare for tonight's Bonsai night.
I continued wiring my new Pine so that I could finish the styling.

I am very pleased with the final image I managed to achieve.
Robert also gave Ken some advice on his Larch.

Paul M brought this newly acquired Mugo Pine for some advice, but as it was infested with aphids, all it had done was a good soaking with insecticide.

Myself and my eight visitors had a brilliant night once more.

Sunday 26 June 2016

Work started.

This morning I have started to wire and style my new Pine.

Taking shape already.

Maybe I will finish it tomorrow, time will tell.

Saturday 25 June 2016

New project.

I picked up my new project tree today, a Kokone White Pine, which was imported from Japan earlier this year.

I am looking forward to wiring and styling this tree.

Thursday 23 June 2016

Bonsai Thursday with Dave.

Back to the normal routine today when Dave came round for our usual Thursday chat about Bonsai.

Between us we managed to get two Hawthorns and two Larch trimmed back into shape.


Hawthorn group.



Wednesday 22 June 2016

Holiday over.

Having just returned from a two week break in Portugal to find my trees have not been doing the same, they seem to have been on steroids as they have put on so much new growth.

My Hawthorn group has almost put on a foot of new growth.

As have these two Larch.

Berberis has also done very well.

My Dawn Redwood has recovered greatly over the last couple of weeks.

My mini Azalea still in bloom.

Spotted Orchid has also flowered.

Now the work starts to trim them all back.

Saturday 4 June 2016

Willowbog chat June 2016.

The day started out quite good and only got better as It went on.

Today's display tree, a really nice defoliated Maple.

Quite a lot of flowers about.

Plenty of trees being worked on.

Arctic beech after just six years from a cutting.

Two from Brian C from the north east

Ron from south west Scotland brought this nice Larch.

He also brought this Deshojo Maple.

A nice Azalea in the nursery.

Good bit of work to tidy up this area as well.

Good weather, good day, good company.

Thanks Peter and Jean.

Friday 3 June 2016

Azalea gift.

The new people up the road just came and asked me if I wanted an Azalea that had just been removed from the garden, of course I could not refuse in case I insulted them.

Perfect timing really as the flowers have just finished, could not be better.
I have cleaned the root ball and potted into a basin, it will need all the old flower buds removed and some TLC for a while, but should be OK.