I noticed today that this Boulevard Cypress was still covered in moss and there was a lot of algae on the trunk, Shari and Jin, so this evening I decided to make the most of being retired now and cleaned it up.
I started by giving the trunk a wash down with a little soapy water, then a spray with clean water,after covering the compost to stop it getting any more water into the pot.
The next job was to dewire and clip out any unwanted foliage.
Then nearly all the moss was removed and some new compost added to the top.
I left a little moss and some lichen that has grown naturally.
I then coated the Shari and Jin with lime sulpher.
I will leave the tree in the studio until tomorrow morning when Dave comes and maybe then do a rewire and restyle.