Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.





Please click on photos for full size view.

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!







Sunday 11 February 2018

Maple buds moving.

The buds on my Acer Palmatun are showing signs of swelling already, so I will be keeping an eye on them.
---------------------------------------------------------
This tree is always one of the first to show signs that winter is coming to an end.


A close up of the buds.


It is going to need a repot as the roots are starting to push the tree out of the pot.


I moved some of the compost when checking for dampness and I can see roots all over the surface.

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice maple, elegant. Did you grow yourself? How old and what width would you say on the lower trunk? I have one in development myself that I hope one day could be like this, but I have all ready trunk chopped to a lower branch, so not sure I'll get it much thicker at the base than what it is now. What it planted it looks like a moler mix?

    ReplyDelete